- What is blepharoplasty operation?
For many people the eyelids and the area around the eyes show signs of aging faster than the rest of the face causing a tired and aging appearance even if their age is not submitted. Dr. Olimpiu Hârceagă, proposes to these patients the surgical procedure called blepharoplasty, which can be performed at both eyelids up or down. Blepharoplasty is aimed at surgical rejuvenation of the eyelid. It is a surgical procedure suitable for men and women. Blepharoplasty of the upper eyeliner can cause an improvement in vision in addition to cosmetic appearance and lower eyeliner blepharoplasty reduces wrinkles, dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Who’s a good candidate for blepharoplasty?
Aging of the Pleura area causes increased laxity of the orbicularis muscle and a loss of the elasticity of the skin of the pleopes. The laxity of the orbicularis muscle along with the laxity of the orbital septum and the loss of the maxing bone mass causes the formation of the under-eyes that are determined by the periocular fat that protuzes not being fixated by the laxe memory structures Previously. In certain patients there is a genetic predisposition to the formation of these bags since adolescence due to the anatomy of various structures.
Wrinkles and bridges appear more accentuated in the morning, after periods of stress or lack of sleep. This occurs because of the interstitial fluid that is distributed throughout the body when a person stands up this fluid tends to accumulate in the more lax areas when the fisherman sits lying down.
The ageing process also determines the fall of the upper eyelid and the accumulation of skin at this level that sometimes excess skin hangs over the genes.
- The costs of the blepharoplasty operation. 600-2500 Euro
The costs of the operation range from 600 EUR to simple blepharoplasty of Upper eyelaped and 2500 EUR blepharoplasty complex in general anesthesia of lower and upper eyelids. The complex lower and upper Blepharoplasty includes other additional procedures as the transfer of fat. These costs include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesiologist and hospitalization as well as all the medications and materials necessary for the operation and during hospitalization.
- What happens before the operation?
The opportunity for a blepharoplasty operation will be determined by the surgeon after a consultation in which you will discuss why you want this operation and what you want as a result. The doctor will record a medical history and in particular you will be interested if you have a suffering of the thyroid gland, hypertension, diabetes or diseases of the eye (retinopathy, glaucoma, dry eyes). All medicines including homeopathic or herbal pills will need to be brought to your doctor’s knowledge.
The doctor will examine the eyes of the eyelids face both their appearance and active movements, will perform some photographs.
The doctor will settle with you. The opportunity to perform the operation in local or general anesthesia. In the case of general anesthesia will be programmed a consult with the anesthesiologist and a series of tests to check the general health will be carried out before the operation. If you are overweight, pregnant or want to become pregnant then your doctor will advise you to postpone the operation. The doctor may request a consult with the oftamologist before the operation.
- How can I help the operation to be a success?
Keeping your health as good as possible and a weight appropriate to your age and height. They will help with a rapid healing without complications.
Riscuri și efecte secundare asociate operației
- How to do this operation?
The operation of Blepharoplasty can be performed in local or general anesthesia. Usually the doctor will perform a cut in the natural wrinkles of the region, at the level of the upper eyelid in the breast between the eyelids and the upper edge of the orbit or at the lower eyelid level immediately below the cut eyelashes being continued in the lateral wrinkles Of the eye corner. These cuts are accessed by different structures like fat that is rereaped or re-distributed or the orbicularis muscle that can be anched to reduce laxity. Also, excess skin is removed at the level of these incisions.
A minimally invasive technique is transconjunctival access that fits patients without excess skin and allows successful treatment of dark circles and bags under the eyes by repositioning or excision of periocular fats. The incision in this case is carried out inside the lower eyelid. The advantage of this technique is the lack of a scar on the skin and reduced trauma to the eyelid with lowering the risks associated with the operation as the Mal position of the lower eyelid post blepharoplasty.
Upper eyelids blepharoplasty. The purpose of this operation is to lift the eyelid so that the eyes appear younger freshmen. In more severe cases blepharoplasty is indicated to improve vision because the laxating and excess skin covers the eyelid interfering with the field of vision.
Lower Eyeliner blepharoplasty is aimed at reducing the bags under the eyes and reducing the dark circles by filling the breast between the eyelids and the cheek. The fat that forms the bags under the eyes is handled in the most advantageous way so for certain patients it is used to fill the circles by repositioning. The goal is a youthful aspect with a smooth and uniform transition between the eyelet and the cheek.
- How long does the operation take, hospitalization is required?
The blepharoplasty operation lasts between 1-3 hours and the duration can be extended if additional procedures such as fat transfer or laser resurfacing or peeling are performed. Anesthesia may be local with sedation for simpler procedures or if the patient wishes. For more complex procedures and if all four eyelids are operated the general anesthesia becomes a advantageous option.
Usually patients can leave the hospital in the same evening regardless of the type of anesthesia used.
- Procedures for the operation of Blepharoplasty.
Sometimes the forehead or some fallen eyebrows can cause the upper eyelid to look like it’s fallen, laxous. In these cases the doctor may recommend an eyebrow lift instead of blepharoplasty or concomitantly with Blepharoplasty.
Wrinkles that are located below the eyelids will not suffer improvements due to blepharoplastia. If wrinkles or excess skin are localized in the face, the neck of the doctor may recommend you a face lift or/and neck in combination with Blefaroplasty.
There are non-surgical procedures that can be recommended for selected cases. Even if blepharoplasty is the most effective method of correcting the fallen eyelids or bags under the eyes the laser can be successfully used for the treatment of fine periocular wrinkles. The laser produces a superficial skin burn, the cured skin looks brighter and the fine wrinkles disappear or have improved appearance. The procedure is called Laser resurfacing and can be performed concurrently with the operation. The result obtained by Laser is not permanent and the procedure is not indicated to dark skin. The laser cannot treat dark circles or bags under the eyes.
Hyaluronic acid can be used to treat wrinkles at the level of the Glabela or in combination with Mesotherapy to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. It can also be used to relieve dark circles or fill them and skin volume deficit occurred with age. The effect is for a limited time
Botulinic toxin can be used to reduce fine wrinkles especially at the lateral level and to lift the eyebrow by blocking the lateral orbicularis muscle.
- Risks and side effects associated with the operation?
RISKS SPECIFIC TO THE OPERATION OF BLEPHAROPLASTY
- Dryness of the eyes. After the operation of Blepharoplasty the upper eyelid can occur the dryness of the eyes by diminishing the production of tears. The appearance of this complication is rare and is mainly due to the lezars of the lacrimal glade that occurs more frequently in procedures carried out on this structure. Patients who have preoperative dry eyes are advised to consider with great care the operation of Blepharoplasty because after surgery the dryness can worsen.
- Ectropion. It is a complication arising from the blepharoplastia of the lower eyelid occurs in rare cases and is the date of positioning of the lower eyelid inferior than normal to the eyeball. This complication requires in certain cases the repair through an additional surgical procedure.
- Exposure of the cornea. In rare cases the air exposure of the cornea can cause its dryness and subsequently the occurrence of ulceration and scars after healing at the level of this structure. This complication occurs when patients cannot close their eyes especially dupe blepharoplasty of the upper eyelid. This rare complication should be treated by additional surgical procedures.
- Altered Vision. Impaired vision is an extremely rare complication that is determined by retrobulbar bleeding and increased intraocular pressure. This complication is greatly reduced if the fat in the deep compartments is not manipulated. In the modern blepharoplasty The Fat reassembly is slightly practiced because the cause of the fat bags is the malposition and not the hypertrophy of the fat tissue.
- The loss of genes. The loss of hair from the edge of the eyelid may occur if the skin containing the hair root of the hairs is for takeoff. Loss can be permanent or transient. Fortunately the skin takeoff does not involve these regions as a rule.
- Asymmetry. The symmetry of the right body parts with the left is a lens of blepharoplasty that may not be touched. Factors like Tonus piels, fat deposits, protruding bones, muscle tone can contribute to the asymmetry of various parts of the body. Most patients have differences between the left and right side of the body before the surgical procedure. Even if symmetry is followed by the operation of blepharoplasty it can happen that it does not succeed and additional procedures are needed to achieve this purpose.
- Disrespectful results. Even if good results are expected through the blepharoplasty operation there is no guarantee of the result that will be obtained. Before surgery, try aligning the expectations with predictive results that can be obtained by surgery. There is still a chance that the patient is disappointed with the result of Blepharoplastia. Asymmetry, an unanticipated outline. Loss of function, dehiscence of plagiarity, delayed healing, loss of sensitivity can occur post-operative. Unpleasantly localized scars and unpleasant appearance can also occur. Additional procedures may be required to improve the final appearance.
PSYCHIATRIC DISEASES AND COSMETIC SURGERY.
It is important that patients subjected to an intervention of aesthetic surgery to have realistic expectations and to understand that the aim is to improve images not perfection. Complications or unsatisfactory results may be unavoidable in certain circumstances and they require additional surgical procedures. Please communicate to your surgeon any episode of depression or other psychiatric problems occurring at any time of your life. Even if many patients can benefit emotionally and psychologically from aesthetic surgery The psychological effects cannot be fully foreseen in all patients.
GENERAL COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH SURGERY.
Cum pot sa ajut ca operatia sa fie un success
- What to expect after the operation
If you go home in the same day after surgery, you should have a responsible adult accompany you after the operation. Simple antialgae medicines should be sufficient after surgery. It is normal to tear more abundantly after the operation due to inflammation of the conjunctiva (the membrane covering the eyeball and tapering the eyelids on the inside) and due to the deficient drainage of the tears the lacrimal pathways being inflamed and partially blocked. These side effects will take several weeks. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops with anti-inflammatory to reduce inflammation of the conjunctiva. The eyelids are going to look and feel swollen after surgery due to surgical trauma. You may not be able to close the eyelids at night and in this case you will need to use drops that prevent the dryness of the eye. This effect will disappear with the reduction of inflammation.
Dressings. The surgeon is possible to apply dressings type adhesive stripsticks placed around the eyelids for their support. Cleaning the eyes with water is allowed. Patients are advised to sleep with the head high so helping to reduce edema. The use of cold compressors for 1 -2 days is pissued and will help to reduce the equivales and bumps. The use of ice directly on the skin is not allowed.
Suture strands are removed after about a week after surgery. After their removal you may be advised to use adhesive stripsticks for support.
- Recovery and some tips for a good recovery.