Why choose the breast enlargement operation with the implant performed by Dr. Olimpiu Hârceagă?
Dr. Olimpiu Hârceagă, performed a training internship in the breast surgery service of Oxford University Hospitals Uk where he gained experience in breast reconstruction and aesthetic procedures as a breast enlargement with implant and fat propie. Dr. Olimpiu Hârceagă uses breast implants with 30 lighter for the same volume than the other implants on the market (B-Lite see article in the Press). It can perform breast enlargement procedures with implant and with the type TIVA anesthesia that allows the patient a quicker awakening and easier recovery after anesthesia so you do not have to stay overnight in the hospital. There are a lot of forms and sizes of breast implants that need to be matched with the anatomy of the patient and with his desires therefore beyond the technical aspects the operation of magnifying breasts with implant is an art.
What is breast enlargement operation with implant?
The breast enlargement operation is carried out by several methods, the more popular is breast enlargement by introducing an artificial implant under the breast. Usually this artificial implant is filled with saline or sterile silicone gel. There are other variants of breast enlargement, fat transfer is another increasingly popular variant. Patients are usually satisfied with the results of the breast augmentation procedure, but it is extremely important to understand what is possible and what is not through this operation.
- Who’s a good candidate for magnifying breast implants?
Patients do this operation to sea breasts and improve their shape. Some women have breasts smaller than they want. Due to age, pregnancy, lactation or weight loss, breasts can lose firming to become factsy and fallen. Breast enlargement can improve the shape and raise breasts to a small extent. Some women have one of the breasts bigger than the other and with the operation of magnifying breasts with implant can balance their shape and size.
The costs of breast augmentation surgery with implant.
The costs of breast augmentation operation with implant depend on the type of implant of the operative technique used and concomitant procedures. The cost varies between 1800 EUR-4000 EUR. These costs include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesiologist and hospitalization as well as all the medications and materials necessary for the operation and during hospitalization.
What happens before the operation?
The opportunity for a breast enlargement operation with an implant will be determined by the surgeon after a consultation in which you will discuss why you want this operation and what you want as a result. The doctor will record a medical history and in particular you will be interested if you have a suffering of the respiratory system of the heart, hypertension or diabetes. All medicines including homeopathic or herbal pills will need to be brought to your doctor’s knowledge.
The doctor will examine the thorax and mammy gland, will perform some photographs. You will discuss with your breast size doctor you want and you will test several sizes and forms of implant. Your doctor will explain the benefits of each type and decide which operating technique to use.
The doctor will settle with you. The opportunity to perform the operation in general anesthesia. In the case of general anesthesia will be programmed a consult with the anesthesiologist and a series of tests to check the general health will be carried out before the operation. If you are overweight, pregnant or want to become pregnant then your doctor will advise you to postpone the operation.
How can I help the operation to be a success?
- What happens when I want to breastfeed and have breast implants?
Breast implants do not interfere with breastfeeding. It didn’t disprove that silicon would pass into breast milk. The location of incisions for the placement of implants could affect breastfeeding, periareolar incisions may interfere with the ducts of the mammy glands and thus interfere with breastfeeding.
- How to make the breast enlargement operation with implant?
Implants for breast augmentation are placed either immediately under the breast or behind the pectoral muscle i.e. the muscle that is behind the breast. Placing the implant behind the breast is the simplest technical solution. Placing the implant behind the muscle provides more tissue that camouflages the upper edge of the implant and can be advantageous to weaker patients. The surgeon will discuss with you the best solution.
The implants are inserted by making a cut in the infra-mammary trench most frequently. Other places where the plants can be placed are areola and Axila. It is rarely necessary to place a dren that will be kept 24h-48h post operator.
- What is a breast implant, types of implants
The breast implant has a silicone coating or in some cases from polyurethane. Inside the implant there is silicone gel or saline solution. Silicone implants have a more natural consistency compared to saline and can have different forms. Implants with physiologic serum have a higher risk of forming some of the creases that can feel and/or see the breast surface. Breast implants remain in the body an average of 10 years after which they are usually replaced.
The size of the implant is expressed in millimetres and in cm3 or as weight in grams. Before any volume The implant is a body with certain dimensions that the surgeon will need to match the anatomy and desires of the patient. Usually large implants do not look natural to a weak woman with a small thorax.
The implants have several forms, they can be round and in the form of tear (anatomical). The round implants are fuller at the top of the breast. Tear-shaped plants have different height and width so they can be adapted to the shape of the chest. Both types of implant have different projections that determine how large the previous breast projection will be.
Is silicone a safe material for health?
Medical silicone is used to produce several medical devices, breast implants being one of them. Your body. It will form an inveliş called capsule that surrounds the breast implant. In some cases, the capsule can be thicker or contrant around the implant. This is called Capsular contrption. Can. The capsule contration exists on each implant but with varying degrees, if it changes the shape and consistency of the breast then an operation is needed to remove it.
The breast enlargement operation with an implant is not related to breast cancer or other cancers. However, there is a stable link with large cell anaplastic lymphoma (ALCL), but it is extremely rare and is not an aggressive tumor when it appears with the breast implant. With the passage of time small amounts of silicone can get into the body. ACET does not cause disease but can cause pain and noduli. With time it can occur a slight atrophy of the breast tissue so that the implant will become more noticeable especially if it is with a higher volume.
- How long does the operation take, hospitalization is required?
The operation takes about 1 hour but may vary depending on the complexity of the case and the additional procedures performed.
The operation is carried out in general anesthesia. The patient can leave the hospital in the same day or after 24h.
- Alternative procedures to the breast enlargement operation with implant.
A surgical alternative to marchre breasts with implant is the transfer of fat. This procedure consists in the aspiration of fats from another body art (abdomen or thighs) and injection into the breast area. Due to the fact that only a small amount can be injected into a procedure and because part of the fat is resorted, multiple procedures are needed to achieve the desired volume. Proper fat is the singular material that can be injected safely into the breasts.
Breast lifting. Fallen breasts can be corrected by breast enlargement operation with implant if ptosis is small/medium. If the breasts are dropped but have enough volume for you then their lifting is done by the operation called Mastopexy (breast lift) without implant. With this operation areola and nipple are elevated and the breast tissue and skin are rearranged by means of periareolar cuts and under the breasts. In some cases the two operations combine mastopexy and breast implant in a single operation or in two strokes.
- Risks and side effects associated with the operation.
All surgical operations have risks and the breast enlargement operation with the implant is no exception. Even if complications are unlikely it is important to know them and put them in balance with the benefits of the operation.
General complications associated with surgery.
- Healing. Certain diseases, nutritional supplements or medications can delay the normal healing of the wounds. Patients who have suffered a massive loss of weight may have a delayed healing or dehiscence of the wounds, infection, requiring prolonged spiatalization and additional surgical procedures. Patients who suffer from diabetes or are under long-lasting treatments with steroids may have a delayed healing. Smoking may cause delayed healing and the need for additional surgical procedure. Healing may be delayed and inflammation or bleeding or a surgical procedure with long-term general anesthesia. There are nerve endings that can be trapped in the scar associated with the healing and may cause pain or hypersensitivity even if larger nerve trunks are not harmed. Massage and other nonsurgical procedures applied at the beginning of the healing process can relieve these pains. It is important to discuss the appearance related to postoperative pain with the surgeon.
- Bleeding and hematoma. There may be episodes of bleeding during surgery or post operative. In most cases, they are an exception. If a postoperative bleeding occurs there may be a need for an emergency treatment for accumulated blood drainage or it may be necessary to transfusion the bloodstream, these complications are really rare in the case of this operation. It is imposter to follow the postoperative instructions and not perform physical activities within the specified time period. It is forbidden to administer non-steroidal aspirin or anti-inflammatory (Nurofen) for 10 days before and after surgery as they may increase the risk of bleeding. Nutritional supplements or herbal medicines may increase the risk of bleeding. A hematoma can occur within the first 2 weeks after surgery usually after the physical trauma of the operated place. Bruising (Vanatai) is expected after surgery that should disappear within 2 weeks of surgery.
- Infection. It’s an unusual complication after surgery. If the infection occurs, it will be given an antibiotic and it may be necessary to hospitalize and additional surgical procedure. It is important that patients indicate if they have undergone an infection during the period of surgery. Infections in other parts of the body can lead to infection of the site operated.
- Vicious, hypertrophic scars. All kinds of surgeries leave scars some more noticeable than others. After surgical procedures is expected a good healing although abnormal scarring can occur both in the skin and deep tissues. Although it tries to place scars in less noticeable places it is a small chance that they are visible different as color to the skin in the vicinity. The appearance of the scars can vary on its surface, can be asymmetric (may look different left side with right). There is a possibility of visible scars left by the suture wires. Deep tissue scars can become painful sometimes requiring overhaul or additional procedures to improve their quality.
- Alteration of skin sensation. It is common to decrease (loss) of skin sensitivity in the operating area. Diminishing sensitivity may not be resolved entirely. Itching, sensitivity or exaggerated response to hot or cold can occur after surgery. These symptoms resolve after a period variable post surgical time but in rare cases can become chronic.
- Sutures. In addition to the sutures of the skin that are seen, deep suture is used. These deep sutures can be felt under the skin and can be externalisation through the skin becoming visible and producing inflammation requiring their removal.
- Pain. The pain is going to be one of the symptoms present after the surgery. The pain of different variety and intensity can persist after surgery. After surgery chronic pain occurs very rarely and is due to nerve endings trapped in the scar or due to tissue stretching.
Complications due to general anesthesia.
- General anesthesia. Local anesthesia But mostly general associates risks to the patient. The possibility of respiratory distress, cardiorespirators, anaphylactic shock allergies or even death is very rare in all forms of anesthesia associated with surgery.
- Shock. In very rare circumstances surgical procedure can cause trauma, especially when extensive multiple procedures are carried out. Even though serious complications are rare, excessive fluid loss infections can lead to serious illnesses. If surgical shock occurs hospitalization and additional treatment are necessary.
- Allergic reactions. In rare cases have been reported, allergy to dressings to suture material glue, blood products, agents manage intravenously, local crème. Serious systemic reactions like anaphylactic shock may occur in response to medications administered during or prescribed post-operative surgery. Allergic reactions may require additional treatments.
- Cardiac and pulmonary complications. Pulmonary complications may occur secondary to blood clots (pulmonary emboli) of fat (fat emboli) or partial collapse of the lungs (Atelectazia) after general anesthesia. Pulmonary emboli may endanger the patient’s life in certain circumstances. Inactivity of sedentarism smoking anticonceptionals and other conditions can increase the incidence of blood clots that reach the lungs and cause death. It is important to discuss with the surgeon any symptoms like inflammation of the legs or blood clots in other body parts because they can contribute to the formation of pulmonary emillness. Cardiac complications are a risk associated with any general anesthesia and surgery even for patients without symptoms and healthy. If you suffer from fatigue or shortness of breath when taking effort, chest pain, beating of arrhythmic Hearts should be consulted immediately by a doctor. If any of these complications arise you will require hospitalization and additional treatments. In the case of healthy patients without associated diseases these complications are very rare.
Specific complications for the breast enlargement operation with implant.
- The capsule shrintion. In about 10 of the patients the capsule that is normally formed around the implant shrints and feels the farm to palpation. If this happens the breasts feel hard to palpation and have an abnormal appearance. After 10 years approximately 10-30 of women who have breast implants are going to have the second operation and the most common reason is the capsule contration.
- Visible implants. Weak patients have the risk of feeling and even seeing the upper edge of the implant. The folds of the implant can be visible. Anatomical implants in the form of tear can be reflected and visible devans.
- Implant breaking. Implants can lose silicone gel. This may be the result of their age of a very tight capsule or trauma. The leak is retained inside the capsule and usually does not cause problems. But if there is a detectable leak, the plants will be replaced.
- Fallen breasts. The breast can fall, become potic with time due to the weight of the implant. Lighter implants are a possible remedy that can prolong the period when the breasts become ptotici. Dr. Olimpiu Hârceagă, uses in his practice to plant 30 lighter B-lite.
- Unsatisfactory results. This can happen because of how the breasts look or feel, or the shape of the breasts, do not meet expectations. It is very important that things related to shape and volume are clearly established before the operation.
- Changing the shape of the breasts with time. The shape and image of the breasts will change with age, pregnancy, lactation, or other causes unrelated to the operation as weight gain or weight loss. Many patients want to perform the breast enlargement operation with implant because the skin of the breasts is laxity and the breasts appear left and want the implant to fill the skin. This is not always achievable, for a small degree of ptosis mammal implants can be the solution but must carefully weigh the size of the implants. Large volume implants also have a high weight this causes breast leaving in a short time quickly losing the result obtained in the operation.
Breast examination with mammogram or ultrasound is more difficult after surgery?
Breast implants do not make it more difficult to examine the breasts for the detection of tumors. However, the immunes interfere with mammography of that’s an experienced radiologist should be consulted. Sometimes for patients with implant will use MRI (nuclear magnetic resonance)
Recovery and some tips for a good recovery.
Immediately after the operation you will be tired and the breasts will hurt for about two days. Can take a shower at 24h after surgery. The pain will be controlled with medication and usually the patients return to work after a week.
You will wear a special bra that maintains the position of the implant for eight weeks. Usually, the resorbable wires are used hidden in the skin that should not be suppressed.
Breasts will be more sensitive to physical contact in the first 5-7 weeks.
Tips for a good recovery.
- Exposure to sunlight directly or in tanning salons. Exposure to the sun causes damage to the skin. Exposure of the operated areas and suture ranges can cause poor healing and changes in hypo or hyperpigmentation color. Patients who want to expose themselves to the sun to sunbathe should inform their physician and postpone this activity until it is risk-deprived. The adverse effects of sun exposure occur and when using crème sunscreen.
- Travels. Any surgical procedure involves possible risks and complications that can delay healing and return to normal life. Please notify your surgeon about travel plans, important meetings planned so the planning of the operation can be done efficiently. There are no guarantees that you will be able to return to the planned activities in time.
- Long-term results. Modification of the resulting surgical procedures can occur in the course of time due to aging. Exposure to sunlight, loss or increase in weight, pregnancy, menopause or other circumstances unrelated to the procedure itself.
- Informed for female patients. It is important to inform the surgeon if you are using anticonceptional or if you have the slightest suspicion that you may be pregnant. Many antibiotics can decrease the effectiveness of anticonceptional pills.
- Intimate relationships after surgical procedure. Surgery involves clotting of blood vessels for stopping bleeding and physical activity of any kind can cause the opening of vessels and bleeding and/or the formation of hematoma. Activities that increase pulse and heart rate can detemina additional bruising and bruises, inflammation and the need to open the operation for bleeding control.